Oct 9, 2008

Should I choose to believe...

Rewind the clock and go back to the 2nd week of August. My aunt kinda signed me up for some 算命 session at TPY Hub.

The "master" told me my 8 Characters are one of the worst he has seen. GOsh!

1) A high propensity for liver/blood diseases

2) Doomed to fail in business

3) Doomed to be divorced with my wife and cause her to go mad

The only remedies I can do for myself:

a) Detox

b) Avoid being entrepreneurial

c) Marry a divorced lady, preferably with kids. Kinda don't really understand the logic


Anyways, his analysis of my "standard characteristics" are:

i) Super Duper Stubborn. Always insistent on my own way of doing things. One result of which is I will have problems at work, especially with my collegues and superiors. Another repercussion is that although I might be able to get along okay with my gf, she'll suffer when she weds me cos I'm supposed to be so stubborn she'll go mad.. -.-. Ok, then he said I will definitely listen his words, one ear in, the other ear out. Who's the stubborn one here now??

ii) Never studies and will just go along with life with average grades.

Ok. At this point, let me elaborate first by saying he had an assistant who sat in during the "session". I didn't say anything much while the "master" was talking, just silently nodding away while he was in a sort of finger pointing, accusing tone of my character. After that session, the assistant brought us (my aunt, mum and myself) to another room.

At that point, I highlighted that the master might not be accurate cos although my results were mediocre till JC, I definitely think that my first class honours was not a fluke. Guess what the assistant said to me when I told him I did pretty well in Uni. "Oh, the master said that actually if u put in effort, you'll do very well!"
WHAT CRAP LORH! I took down all of what the master said and he said nothing of that sort.

Next, when he was recommending packages for me to "reborn" my 8 characters, which was like 12k! he couldn't even maintain eye contact with us! He was becoming more n more like a liar. Not only was he lousy at crapping, he was lousy as a salesman! Not that I'm advocating lying without battling an eyelid but... mmm...

I had seconds thoughts about the whole affair even before I entered his office. That place was huge! Decorated with lavish decors and rich lighting, fully air-conditioned and carpeted office space. The whole place was bigger than the whole row of my sch classrooms back in secondary school. It seemed that sales was the primary driving force for that "company", instead of consultations. No matter, it was more like a business than anything else.

If I were to learn anything from this, it would be to try to prevent these disasters from happening. Believe it or not, what do you think?

No comments: