Jul 23, 2008

it goes on

Day 9 (after the 1st sign of hives was detected): Saw another doc from polyclinic. Must say he's totally useless. Didnt bother to really find out what could be the cause of my allergy. I tried not scratching for the entire day. It was unbearable. During the interview/test session at mfa i was literally having cold turkey treatment. No meds, toilet breaks only after each individual test, stress of handling the test. Wrong answers minus marks! >.<

Ok, my point being, the itch was super unbearable. But I guess the redness on my neck and hands just appeared and grew by themselves, probably from the friction when I move in my long sleeved shirt. Hives. Tsk!

Anyways, the medicine that was prescribed for me was hardly potent. Cetirizine Dihydrochloride 10mg, Take 1 a day; and hydrocortisone 1% cream. I felt that after so long that my hives are still around, I should've been given epinephrine shots already.

As night set in, my itch began to intensify again. On top of that, my throat seemed to be constricted because I started to feel pain whenever I swallow. Bad day, I thought.

Day 10
: I knew I was in no condition to go for band. I awoke from a call on my mobile. It was from shell, smth about a full day assessment centre event and a corresponding briefing.

Anyhow, the pain from swallowing was gone; but my shoulder and hand pains are back. Dunno if it's muscle or bone kind of pain and ache, just felt "ee! woo! ahh... aiyoh...crap!" It was like seas of needles and pinchers flowing thru my veins along my hands and at my shoulder region. The nodes of the pain and aches seemed to be at my wrists and the joint linking my arm and shoulder blade. Nodes meaning there is a continuous pain/ache feeling while the pain/ache feeling along the path to the shoulder is sort of a throbbing on/off kinda thing.

And, I dunno if it's a cold day or wad, I felt dam cold, throughout the day. At 3pm i felt it was a little too much and i settled into bed and only just woke up at 6 plus. The pain/ache is still there, though slightly lesser. Somehow my ankle and shin are kinda feeling that same achy-ness. Feel terrible. Topping it up like fire to a pile of shit is the itch behind my ears and upper back, and ankle.

When are these gonna go away...

No comments: