Jul 20, 2008

an omen it was

Call it pessimmism or self-fulfilling a "prophecy", this entry could serve as the only means to find out what was actually wrong with me should anything weird happen.

Na said the coma dream could be an omen. How right it was. Just on the night of Monday itself, the scalp was feeling unusually itchy. The following day, this happened:

Tuesday (15 Jul): A few small itchy bite marks spotted on both elbows. A few videos and 3 hours later, the rash broke out into a full blown hive. Affected areas include the throat, arms and... hmm... other areas >.<

Later in the afternoon, it was appearing that it's either I go to the doc or be entirely consumed by rashes. Doctor suspects allergic reaction to my acne meds, minocycline. Xyzal and Prednisolone were prescribed. At that time, prolonged fatigue had set in. In the next few days, I would sleep for an average of 12-14 hours each day.

Friday (18 Jul): I had decided agnst going for band on wed due to obvious scratchy reasons. On this day, something new occurred. A constriction and tightness at my chest area and a pain in my throat esp during swallowing. A localised inflammation of the respiratory / digestive tract is suspected. Previously, I thought that something was dislodged in my gullet.

Saturday (19 Jul): Morning was a fresh start for me. The itch was minimised and the pain in the throat seemed to have subsided. That moment was to be short-lived. Following sectionals and band prac in the afternoon, a sort of muscle-splitting pain was sensed on the shoulder area. Dinner was hardly enjoyable for the swallowing part was painful. Still, talking to friends had an effect of diversion from the itchiness, pain and sore-ness.

Sunday (20 Jul): Tuition with my 2 kids has never been this 辛苦; both my arms are now experiencing that muscle-splitting pain, esp at the joints. The itch was now of secondary concern. Panadol Extra was no match for the aches in my arms. Probably preparing for anymore weird symptoms that may appear after this, I thought I had to pen all these down, just in case it might come in useful.

I'll be consulting medical help from the skin centre on Monday for a likely allergic reaction from minocycline. So far, I've displayed many of the symptoms of such a reaction. Hopefully by stopping the meds, the side effects will subside... FAST!

grr... it's been a disturbing week for me...

No comments: